LightSpeed Lift, a patented Body Weight Support (BWS) device manufactured, in Duluth, MN, achieved record sales in 2019. As awareness of the concept and effects of BWS exercise increases, prominent athletic and rehabilitation companies have taken notice and added LightSpeed Lift to their training programs. Invented by Duluth physical therapist, Malcolm Macaulay, LightSpeed Lift is capable of lifting 20-40 pounds off a person walking or running on a treadmill. Relieving weight, as it turns out, makes a big difference in recovery and training.
- Major institution users include the University of Oregon, Boston University, The College of St. Scholastica and The University of Nevada Reno.
- Local systems include the Hermantown, Minnesota's new YMCA, the Superior Wisconsin YMCA, and the St. Louis County Employee Wellness Center (opening Feb. 2020).
- Major influencers in track, road running, and triathlons, including Jordan Hasay, Alexi Pappas, Brian Reynolds, Angela Naeth, and the NJNY Hoka Track Club are now using LIghtSpeed lift to improve their performance.
- The University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, and Wesleyan University of Indiana are conducting trials to quantify the metabolic and biomechanical effects of LightSpeed on running and walking.
- In the year ahead, three additional LightSpeed Lift systems for athletes will be available at the newly renovated Hayward Field, the most iconic track complex in the nation, and the site of the 2020 US Olympic Track and Field Trials.
LightSpeed is meant for Every Body and in 2020 the company plans to partner with more colleges, rehabilitation organizations such as Courage Kenny, YMCA's, therapeutic clinics and individuals throughout the country.
The LightSpeed Lift Movement Center in Duluth, MN offers a professional and convenient place to experience the LightSpeed Lift and offers individual and group training for anyone wanting to walk or run safely and efficiently. Visit the Movement Center to experience the system and learn how BWS movement can improve health.
The Movement Center is located at:
More information can be obtained by emailing Sales Director, Bud Trnka at: firstname.lastname@example.org